October 5, 2015
Present: Gina Iasparra, Linda Piscatelli, Sarah Prown, Amy Shelton, Jodi Standrowicz, Marian Breeze, Tim McCloskey, Terry O’Hara
- The company that was testing the speakers last weekend for the music performances blew them out. The rehearsal on Friday and Saturday may be impacted – stay tuned.
- Be on the lookout for invitation from Volunteer Spot for any activity.
- West Side Story auditions moved to October 23, 2015. If your child can’t make that date, email Cara directly.
- Two memberships so far this fall; parents are encouraged to go on line and submit their membership there.
Will need quite a few volunteers for box office:
- Three for each night of the performance
- Two people needed for each lunch-time shift – 10:15-12:00 – of selling tickets at the school during the three weeks before show opens.
- Catherine will set up a Volunteer Spot for folks to sign up to help with these volunteer activities.
- Catherine and Amy will hold a training for box office volunteers so that all are able to handle the on-line ticketing system, the printing of tickets, etc.
- The group approved a $500 budget for TAPS to purchase a laptop to be used exclusively for ticket sales.
- All seats are assigned, for both the fall play and the spring musical.
- Abigail Van der Wyden is the student liaison for box office
- Tickets will be $10 – they’re on sale beginning October 18th.
- People can pre-order flowers through a form that will be on Google Docs. Flowers will go on sale around three weeks before the show opens. Maria and Sarah will send out details about within the next few weeks.
- Maria will need at least three volunteers each show to help sell flowers. She will handle volunteer set-up through her own email.
Tech week food
- Snacks will be needed during tech week. The Café will be open until 6pm, so not sure exactly what’s going to be needed. Stay tuned.
- Sarah has completely updated and refreshed the site – thank you, Sarah!
- She’s happy to hear any ideas for improving it; her email: email@example.com
- Cindy and Linda will put volunteer needs up on Volunteer Spot.
- Bob is storing supplies in his garage.
- Jodi has items for refreshments and tech week food – we don’t need any new forks, knives, spoons, napkins.
- Annabella Capaccio is the student liaison for refreshments.
- Everything is donated, but if we come up short on anything, TAPS will pay for it.
- No food and drink is allowed in the auditorium. Signs need to be posted at each door.
- We need someone to take orders for t-shirts.
- Will be $10 instead of $20. Emily Phillips and Melinda Alcosser are coordinating this.
- Cindy Metrose is coordinating this.
Closing night party
- Need a parent to host this. No other parties should be happening so that this one brings everyone together.
- Steve DePino is doing head shots for everyone at $25/person. He’s offering a workshop on October 14th about how to take a headshot – what to wear, etc.
- Headshots will be taken on October 15th-16th, after school.
- Each parent will get a digital file of the headshot.
- TAPS will cover cost for any students who can’t afford the headshot.
Production schedule/Organizational Tool
- Suzanne Pfeiffer is working on creating a master calendar that can be put on the website
Helping Hands Training
- We’re waiting to hear from – what’s the protocol for checking to know if parents involved as volunteers with TAPS have been through the training.
- The training dates are posted in the Guilford Public Schools website.